LOCATION/ACCESS TO FIELDS
To access the North Meadow soccer fields in Central Park, enter the Park at 100th Street from the Eastside or Westside and walk to the center of the Park and you will come across a fenced in, lush grass area with 6 soccer fields, some of which WSSL uses in the Fall: Fields 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 pictured below. We do not use Field 6.
Note that Field 1 is the first field that you come to when you walk in from West 100th Street. Field 2 is the field in the same area closer to the park building with the restrooms and concessions. Fields 4 and 5 are closer to the East Side and Field 3 is in the middle. We use these fields both full sided and small sided (half or quarter fields). Please make sure you are using the right set of lines for the age group.
Do not enter the fields before the Parks Department has opened the fields.
No cleats are allowed at these fields - turf shoes and sneakers only.
DIVISIONS U9 AND U10 AND VIP MAJORS
* Locate the goals along the baseball diamond backstops nearest your field.
* Confirm the letter of your field with the letter on the sign before you take the goals. See the image below for how to figure out which field.
* Open the lock on the goal. You can get the code for the lock from your division head.
* Lock the goal to the fence so it will still be there when the closers put the goals away. Lock the lock next to the sign.
* 4 parents move goals to fields and place on the end lines (orange markings).
* Nets are in a bin behind the backstop of Baseball Field #5 (closest to soccer field 3). You can get the code for the bin lock from your division head. Lock the lock to the bin after opening so the lock does not get lost.
* Nets are 2 to a red mesh bag. Please only take one bag per field.
* Cones and discs are stored there neatly too.
RETURNING THE EQUIPMENT:
Cones and Discs - Stack and store neatly in the bin behind the backstop of Baseball Field #5 (closest to Soccer Field 3).
DIVISIONS U6-U8 AND VIP MINORS
DIVISIONS U13, U14 AND U19
No set up required. Fields are marked as full fields and the goals are permanent. Any issues with nets, please email email@example.com and we will address with the parks department as they maintain these nets; not WSSL.
PARENTS/SPECTATORS ON NORTH MEADOW FIELDS
Don't forget the trash!
Every team is responsible for cleaning up after their game. Beverage containers, snack wrappings and boxes, etc. should be placed in nearby trash receptacles. Don't forget your sweatshirts, etc. Following the final game, the closing teams should do a quick sweep of the field and make sure the trash has been disposed of properly.