Led by Top Professional Soccer Coaches from Local Colleges
WSSL is very fortunate to have a team of experienced and passionate professional coaches who have worked extensively with children, but also coach at the high school and college levels. Our team will conduct skill-building activities designed to let your child play her/his game, to learn and to explore the endless possibilities of soccer. They will also facilitate small sided games each week. The sessions are offered during both Fall and Spring seasons. Sessions are FREE to players registered in WSSL for the given season.
- All participants must be registered in the core recreational league for the current season.
- Each player MUST present a signed medical release form to the coaching team on the first day. Follow these simple instructions:
- Log in to wssl.org at the top of the page using your own user name and password.
- Select Players from the top menu and then "Player and Volunteer Registration"
- In the box with your child's name, click on "Print Medical Release" (it should be next to your child's name)
- Bring it with you and have your child give it to the skills training coach at the first session.
- Your child must arrive on time as each session has a particular flow that is meant to build on itself for the player's benefit.
- An adult must be on site and ready to pick up your child 15 minutes before the session is scheduled to end, or earlier if the weather is iffy.
- All players must wear sneakers or turf shoes, shinguards and proper socker socks over their shin guards and must bring their own ball and personal water. No cleats.
All sessions will operate in the rain, but not if there is lightning or if it is completely torrential. Intermittent rain and constant drizzle are considered good conditions. Please check the FIELD STATUS page before heading to the field each week.
Click on SCHEDUlES for the free fall and spring core weekday training schedules.