West Side Soccer League holds two on-line registration periods each year -- one in the Spring and one in the Fall. During each period, WSSL also holds one in-person registration for families who cannot or prefer not to pay by credit card. Please refer to the League's Calendar for exact dates.
- Enrollment in WSSL is ONLY open to children who were born on or before July 31, 2008 (no exceptions).
- Registration is required for ALL children who wish to play on or practice with a team affiliated with WSSL.
- DO NOT register if your child will not be able to commit to participation in both practices and games every weekend during the season (barring unforeseen circumstances).
- All new players must send a copy of a birth certificate or passport to WSSL for the registration to be valid (email a scanned version to email@example.com).
- A signature on a medical release form from a parent or legal guardian, no exceptions (these will be collected by your child's coach)
- Every adult MUST volunteer for at least one (1) job at the Team, Division or League level (see For Volunteers for more information).
Spring: $120 per player. All players will be provided a team shirt and medal (for younger age groups).
Fall: $140 per player. All players will be provided a team shirt, shorts, socks, trophies (for younger age groups), team and individual photos and shin guards (for some age groups).
Scholarship Fee: Families unable to pay the full amount will pay a scholarship fee of $20.
Fees are payable on-line by credit card (MC, VISA). Fees are payable in person by credit card (MC, VISA), check, money order and cash.
Sometimes, WSSL has to impose a limit or cap on the number of players it can accept per age group due to field limitations. This will usually happen in the Spring season when we have less fields as many of our Fall fields are provided for baseball. It may also happen in the Fall for certain age groups. Kids who register after a cap has been achieved, even if they register by the registration deadline, will be automatically placed on a wait list. If these players cannot be placed on a team by the time the season is underway for 2 weeks, they will be given a refund. We hate to set caps, but recognize this as a reality we must face in order to maintain a level of quality for our programs.
Refunds of player fees only will be given to those players whom we are not able to place on a team or who notify the Registrar of their desire to withdraw on or before the refund deadline. No refund requests will be considered after the deadline. Please see the League's Calendar for exact refund deadline dates.
Please e-mail any refund or partial refund request to the Registrar. Your request must include your name, the player's name, and the player's date of birth. Refunds will be issued by refund or credit to the credit card used for payment. Refunds will be issued by check (to the original submitter of the registration) only if the cardholder no longer has this card or a refund or credit to a card is not possible for some other reason.
To contact the Registrar, please send a specific email to firstname.lastname@example.org.