Spring 2014 Tournaments
Details for the Maroons Father's Day Tournament in Ridgewood, NJ.The Father's Day Tournament will be in Ridgewood, NJ, Saturday June 14th & Sunday June 15th, 2014.
All WSSL tournament teams that participated in the Scarsdale Tournament have been registered for Ridgewood.
--> Click here to visit the Ridgewood Tournament Website <--
Key Points for Ridgewood Tournament
The full schedule is now online. **Click here** for a simplified version of the schedule with only the WSSL teams, or follow the link above to visit the tournament website.
This is a patch exchange tournament.
The tournament rules are now posted on the official tournament website. Also available here (MS-Word Doc).
Each team must provide the following documents before their first game. Teams can pre-register by delivering documents to Kelly Ramot by June 8th (contact Kelly at email@example.com for the address). Or teams can register on-site at least one hour before their first game. Required documentation:
1) Proof of age for each player - either soccer player card, copy of birth certificate or copy of passport. Only needs to be shown at registration and coaches will not need it onsite at the tournament.
2) Medical release form for each player -- The forms need to be shown at registration and then the coaches needs to keep the forms with them for each game.
3) Roster - This is handed in at registration and the coaches need to have a roster on them for the games.
All games will take place in Ridgewood, New Jersey. The fields are located at 131 North Maple Ave in Ridgewood. Travel time from the Upper West Side is about 35 minutes without traffic.
|U8, U9, U10||4||7x7||50|
In case of Extreme Weather
The tournament will play in the event of rain but will follow Ridgewood's lightning policy. Lightning could delay games and will likely create a "wait and see" situation to determine if any games in the schedule would have to be eliminated.
Food and Facilities On-site
In addition to permanent bathrooms, there will be portable restrooms as well. Food such as snacks, hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks, ice cream etc, will be available for purchase on site. Teams are welcome to bring their own coolers with food and drinks. There are no grills on the main fields.
In breaks between games, players and their families are invited to use the Graydon Pool located at 259 N. Maple Ave in Ridgewood, NJ. Guest passes are $10 for players and their families. Please note the pool is a "plake", a combination of pool and lake and has a sand bottom. The pool will be open from 10am to 7:30pm. Click here for the Graydon Pool Flyer (MS-Word doc).
Please allow plenty of time for parking and getting to the tournament fields. Please follow all street parking signs.
- Veterans Field (V) - Main Fields (grass) 162 Northern Parkway - Intersection of Linwood Avenue and Northern Parkway. Street parking on Fairway Road, Colonial Road - there is NO parking on Northern Parkway
- Ridgewood High School (RHS) - (turf field) - 627 East Ridgewood Ave, Ridgewood We are STRONGLY encouraged to park here or on surrounding streets as all the fields are within walking distance of the school.
- Brookside Field (BR) - (Grass field) - Address: 130 Southern Pkwy, Ridgewood NO parking in cul-de-sac section of Southern Parkway, police will be called by neighbors and you will receive a ticket.
- Stevens Field (S) - (turf field) - Address: 627 East Ridgewood Ave (this is the Ridgewood High School address) There is no parking on Irving Street which is next to Steven's Field. No street parking and no parking in Utility Right of Way. Police will be called and you will get a ticket. Park in the Ridgewood High School lots or on Hermance Place or Beverly Road.
The Soccer Post Tent Sale at the Tournament
The Soccer Post from Franklin Lakes will have a tent set up on the Vets field grounds selling soccer gear, cleats, clothing, etc. The tent will be located at Vets field at the north end, closer to Linwood Avenue.
Maroons Tournament Merchandise
Tournament merchandise (click here) is available for pre-order. Items can be picked up throughout the entire tournament weekend. Merchandise will also be available for sale during the tournament.
Refer to the Maroons Soccer Tournament website for additional information about the Tournament.