Columbus Day Weekend Tournaments
WSSL Tournament Teams will participate in two area tournaments over the Columbus Day Weekend: Syosset Soccer Tournament (U8 teams) and FC Westchester Columbus Day Tournament (U9 and up).
Syosset Soccer Tournament
- Date - October 12, 2013 (rain date Oct. 13, 2013)
- Location - Stillwell Woods County Park
- Game Schedules HERE
- Concessions will be available on site including breakfast in the morning, hamburgers, hotdogs, and snacks.
- There are restrooms on site.
- Parking on-site is limited but there is ample accessory parking both at Syosset High School across the street and legal street parking in the adjoining neighborhood.
- Please make sure to arrive at your game field at least 20 minutes before the start of the first game.
- Everyone on the sidelines is urged to act respectfully to the players, the opposing team parents and the referees. We want the players to have an enjoyable experience and the best way to do that is to let them play and enjoy the games without the unnecessary distractions of parents mistreating others.
- Stillwell Fields, by ordinance, is a non-smoking area and this will be enforced.
- No pets (other than service dogs) are allowed at the venue.
- Rules of Play
- 6 vs 6 players
- Two periods of 16 minutes each with a 3 minute half time
- Play with a size 4 ball
- Play with Goal keepers
- Only the first and second place teams will receive trophies.
- This is a patch exchange tournament (Patches will be provided to each player at the tournament)
FC Westchester Columbus Day Soccer Tournament
BOYS U9 BLUE CLICK HERE (Red Bulls Travel)
BOYS U9 WHITE CLICK HERE (Blue Thunder)
BOYS U9 YELLOW CLICK HERE (Goal’d Crushers and Orcas)
GIRLS U10 WHITE CLICK HERE (Twisters and Lightening)
BOYS U10 WHITE CLICK HERE (Red Bulls Travel and Golden Eagles)
BOYS U10 YELLOW CLICK HERE (White Bulls and Cosmos)
BOYS U11 WHITE CLICK HERE (Red Bulls Travel)
BOYS U11 YELLOW CLICK HERE (X-Men and Thunder)
BOYS U12 BLUE CLICK HERE (Red Bulls Travel and Titans)
- The schedule is tight and games of 2x20 minute halfs are scheduled every 45 minutes.
- Accordingly, your team should be at the field at least 5 minutes prior to your game and sort out jerseys with your opponent; there is no game registration by the referee.
- The home team will choose sides for the first half and the away team will kick off. The halftime break is 2 minutes or less.
- After the game you need to leave the field immediately to make sure that the next game can start on time.
- Handshakes can be exchanged outside the field. The referees are instructed to end all games on time, and without the required level of discipline by the teams, this can require that games will be shortened!
- In the case of a tie after regulation time, 3rd place games in the 8 team brackets and semi-final games in the 6 team brackets will go to penalty shootout immediately (3 shooters), while finals in all brackets will first go to 10 minutes over time and then to penalty shootout (3 shooters).
- In the 4, 6 and 8 team brackets champions and finalists will get medals and based on popular demand, we will also hand out medals to the winner of the 3rd place game in the 8 team brackets. In the 5 team round robin brackets, only champions will get medals.
SUNY Purchase is located at 735 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY 10577.
From the south take the Hutchinson River Parkway to Exit 28, Lincoln Avenue. At the end of the ramp make a left turn. Travel to end of road (traffic light) and make a right turn. Next light left into the SUNY Campus.
From the North take the Merritt Parkway into the Hutchinson River Parkway, to Exit 28. At the end of the ramp make a right turn. Travel to end of road (traffic light) and make a right turn. Next light left into the SUNY Campus.
From the east or west take Interstate 287 to the Hutchinson River Parkway North to Exit 28. At the end of the ramp make a left turn. Travel to end of road (traffic light) and make a right turn. Next light left into the SUNY Campus.
ONCE YOU TURN INTO CAMPUS, MAKE A LEFT AT THE T AND GO ABOUT 1/2 MILE AND PARK IN THE PARKING LOT ON YOUR RIGHT AT THE PURCHASE COLLEGE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER. THIS IS THE ONLY PARKING LOT FOR USE AT THE TOURNAMENT.
Food/Drinks - Concessions
They will have a large selection of food and drinks. They will also serve full breakfast during the early morning hours. Adjacent to it Andy’s Italian Ices will offer a large selection of gourmet Italian ices. In addition there will be a limited selection of water, soft drinks and snacks, including fresh baked goods at the HQ
There will be 15 portables placed between the fields.
Given the significant traffic on the fields, the area immediately adjacent to the fields is not suitable to create permanent team space (building tents etc.).
Dogs and other pets are not allowed at the tournament.
Please deposit all trash in the bins placed near the fields. This is a large tournament and we are using the campus of a state university. It is critically important to leave the campus in an orderly condition.
There will be an EMT on site.
Second Fall Tournament
Manalapan Fun Fest -- October 26
Information to come.