Welcome to On-Line Registration!
Step 1: Make Sure You're in the Right Place
- You are about to register your child for West Side Soccer League (WSSL), an all volunteer league for children ages 5 to 18.
By registering your child for WSSL, you understand that:
- You are committed to getting your player to every practice and game each weekend on time. The league works best if everyone participates. Children who do not show up to practices and games create an unfair learning environment for the other children on their team and the opposing team as well.
- You are committed to volunteering for at least one job at the team, division or league level (per adult).
- Practices and games are played on a variety of fields in Manhattan -- from 70th Street to 138th Street-- and on Randall's Island.
- Games and practices are held on Saturdays and Sundays and that schedules may vary.
- Enrollment in WSSL is only open to children who were born on or before July 31, 2008 (no exceptions).
If you agree to and understand all of that, you're in the right place!
Step 2: Make Sure You Are Ready to Play by WSSL's Rules
West Side Soccer League has a lot of rules and policies that are designed to make the soccer learning experience one that is safe, developmentally appropriate and fun for our players. They are also designed to make things safe and fun for our volunteers. Many of our rules and policies are included on our website and should be considered before you register your child for the League. A few of our central rules and expectations are reiterated here.
By registering your child for WSSL, you, as a parent and volunteer, are responsible for understanding and adhering to our policies in a cooperative and respectful way.
Every parent, volunteer and player is required to support and comply with our guiding philosophy, our general rules and our expectations for excellent conduct by all:
Guiding Philosophy (see more under About WSSL)
- Everyone Plays
- Open Registration
- Balanced Teams
- Positive Coaching
- Good Sportsmanship
- Player Development
- No smoking on or near any fields.
- No dogs allowed on or near any fields.
- No bicycles allowed on any fields. Please chain them to the nearest fence.
- Turf shoes are allowed on all fields. Cleats may only be worn on artificial turf fields.
- Profanity is not accepted.
- To be a part of WSSL is to embrace and support its philosophy (See About WSSL)
Parental Expectations (see more under For Parents)
- Support your child
- Always be positive
- Remember your child wants to have fun
- Reinforce positive behavior
- Do not coach from the sidelines
- Respect the referee
Refunds of player fees only will be given to those players whom we are not able to place on a team or who notify the Registrar of their desire to withdraw on or before the refund deadline (please see the League's Calendar for dates).
Step 3: Make a Commitment to WSSL
If you are COMMITTED to supporting and adhering to all of WSSL's rules and policies in a respectful way, click here to PROCEED WITH REGISTRATION.
Note to AOL Users: In order to receive registration confirmation you will need to disable your spam filter or search your discarded emails for your confirmation.