Central Park Fields
North Meadow Fields (Fall Only)
North Meadow soccer fields in Central Park, enter the Park at 96th/97th St from the Eastside or Westside and walk to the center of the Park and you will come across a fenced in, lush grass area with 6 soccer fields, 5 of which WSSL uses in the fall: Fields A,B,C,D and E, pictured below. Please note that beginning with Fall 2016, Central Park has relabeled these fields using numbers instead of letters. So Field A is Field 1, Field B is Field 2, Field C is Field 3, Field D is Field 4 nad Field E is Field 5.
We will not be using Field F this year. It is under renovation.
Note that Field A/Field 1 is the first field that you come to when you walk in from West 100th Street. Field B/Field 2 is the field in the same area closer to the park building with the restrooms and concessions. Fields D/4 and E/5 are closer to the East Side and Field C/3 is in the middle.
* Each Division Head, together with their coaches, need to check the schedule each week to see who has the last games of the day on any particular field.
* Each division is responsible for their goals being stored properly.
* If a closing coach team does not see to it that goals and equipment are put away properly, the division head and the coach will have to return to the field that night to make sure they are.
* When a closing coach/coaches are finished with the closing responsibilities, they need to call the division head to let them know that all is well.
* Questions regarding closing procedures: contact your division head.
SETTING UP FIELDS A, B AND D (DIVISIONS U9 AND U10)
* Do not enter the fields before the Parks Department has opened the fields
* Locate the goals along the baseball diamond backstops nearest your field.
* Confirm the letter of your field with the letter on the sign before you take the goals. See the image below for how to figure out which field.
* Open the lock on the goal. You can get the code for the lock from your division head.
* Lock the goal to the fence so it will still be there when the closers put the goals away. Lock the lock next to the sign.
* 4 parents move goals to fields and place on the end lines (orange markings)
* Nets are in a bin behind the backstop of Baseball Field #5 (closest to soccer field C). You can get the code for the bin lock from your division head. Lock the lock to the bin after opening so the lock does not get lost.
* Nets are 2 to a red mesh bag. Please only take one bag per field.
* Cones and discs are stored there neatly too.
CLOSING FIELDS A, B AND D (DIVISIONS U9 AND U10):
Cones and Discs - Stack and store neatly in the bin behind the backstop of Baseball Field #5 (closest to Soccer Field C).
* Take the nets off the goals carefully.
* Store two (2) nets together in one (1) red mesh bag.
* The nets need to be stored neatly in the bin behind the backstop of Baseball Field #5 (closest to Soccer Field C). The bin should be locked when you arrive at it and when you leave it. You can get the code for the bin from your division head.
* 4 parents move each goal to its designated storage spot near the playing field. All storage spots are located on the dirt part of a baseball diamond backstop. Each storage spot is marked with a WSSL sign (laminated 8.5x11) indicating the field from which the goals should have come.
* The lock for the goals should be locked to the fence by the sign. You can get the code for the lock from your division head.
* Open the lock and place it to the side so you can access it once you get the goals in place.
* The mouths of the goals must be facing the fence. See the picture below.
* Two goals should be nested one inside the other (NOT side by side). See the picture below.
* Goals must be on the dirt.
* Lock the lock around the sidebars of both goals and to the fence.
PARENTS/SPECTATORS ON FIELDS A, B AND D
* Parents and siblings must stand on the outer sideline of each field.
* For example for Field A, we have A1 and A2. There can be NO parents, siblings, spectators between the two fields. That space is reserved for substitutes, coaches, assistant coaches and linesmen only. See the map above
* This is required by the Parks Department and we will lose our permits if the Parks Dept. sees you standing in the middle.
* Do not allow dogs or bicycles on the field. Again we will lose our permits if the Parks Dept. sees this.
FIELD E (DIVISIONS G8 AND B8)
* Field E uses 6 PUGG goals.
* The field accommodates 4 small fields at a time. Fields are set up side by side with the goals at the East and West ends. The two fields to the North extend their northern most boundaries a couple of feet beyond the marked lines. Use discs to mark the fields there. SEE THE MAP BELOW.
* No parents or spectators should stand between any of the fields. The space between the fields is reserved for substitutes and coaches only. This is required by the Parks Department and we will lose our permits if the Parks Dept. sees you standing anywhere else.
* Goals and discs and cones are stored in the bin behind the backstop of Baseball Field #5 (closest to soccer field C). You can et the code for the bin from your division head.
* Upon closure, the PUGGS should be folded correctly (so they do not exhibit any twisting) and stored in the unzipped PUGG bags.
* The PUGGS should be placed neatly in the rear of the storage bin with all cones and discs stacked neatly in front of them.
* The bin should be locked after each use.